Saturday, April 18, 2009

Health Report

I will return to the subject of Zen next time. For now I want to report a brand new health development. I have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease and require 24 hour nursing care. I am not so concerned about this. I can dictate my stuff. I know an effective political activist who has been living with Parkinson for 20 years. I am, however, really worried about the new, exorbitant cost of 24 hour nursing care. This is not an appeal, but if you are moved to help out, please check: http://www.aitkenroshi.org/

3 comments:

  1. Dear Roshi
    I will gladly offer what I can as you share your life with us quite readily.

    May we be at peace, embracing all conditions of life.

    Gassho, Dirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Roshi,

    sorry to hear about your situation. I wrote a little post in my blog about this post of yours. It can be found from here: http://possibleway.blogspot.com/2009/04/helping-aitken-roshi.html

    Thank you for your efforts, Mr. Aitken. You're truly inspiring.

    With palms together,
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Roshi,
    The call is heard. Thank you for your life of service.

    You state that you are not really concerned about the state of your health. How does one see clearly enough to not attach themselves to tightly to their body, mind or health? I am experiencing an affliction, and the majority of suffering seems to be coming from attaching myself so strongly to this mind and body. Any wise council.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete